Pre-Industrial Sunday Sewing
This was the relatively easy drawstring skirt from the funky pieced batik fabric. It would have been even easier if I hadn’t done the rickrack accents. Rickrack is a PITA to work with.
After the power went out I read through my sewing books, my Threads magazines, and hung out with the family and ate BBQ.
It was quiet and peaceful and lovely. The power should go out more often (on absolutely gorgeous summer days with perfect temperatures).
Of course, I didn’t get any writing done (except this), so everything will be a bit delayed this week.
To Stay Connected and Spread the Merriment Please Like my Facebook Page or follow me at @odanu on Twitter.
- How Do You Knit? (amnottheonlyone.blogspot.com)
- Simplicity 2601, Midriff Peplum Blouse (theslapdashsewist.blogspot.com)
- McCalls 6354…in Navy Batik (off-the-cuff-style.blogspot.com)
- VIDEO: How batik is made (bbc.co.uk)
- Batik Everywhere (isnainidewi.blogspot.com)