I simmered it on low heat for about fifteen minutes (I got lazy and only stirred a couple of times, but made sure to scrape the bottom when I stirred, and LOW heat). Maybe twenty minutes-- until thick and creamy.
I added a handful of frozen raspberries, a dollop of honey, a dash of allspice, and some cream.
There you have it. Steel cut oats with raspberries
Heavenly! Served with a couple of slices of bacon in a cheap plastic bowl. That's how I roll.
See you all on the flip side.
- Steel-Cut Oats with Honeyed Pears and Glazed Pecans (williams-sonoma.com)
- The 9 Food Magazine Recipes We Revisit Most Often (thebittenword.com)
- Storing Oats and Their Differences (modernhomesteaders.net)
- A Super Superfood Breakfast (nourishingwords.net)
- Rolled Oats and Peach Smoothie Mix (bestfruitsmoothies.com)